The Flagship Event of the Health Tourism Sector
…coming in the wake of two preceding Landmark Events staged in Greece
The Convention comes in the wake of two preceding Landmark Events staged in Greece:
- The Greek Health Tourism Integration Conference (2014)
- The 1st International Health Tourism Convention (2015)
The “International Health Tourism Convention” is in fact, the Flagship Event of the Health Tourism Sector.
Why is the Convention being staged?
…to address the interests and needs of the Health Tourism Stakeholders
The 2016 Convention is primarily being staged to address the issues of Investment, Development and Promotion in the context of Destinations, Providers and Services.
Moreover the Convention will address the issues of internships, career paths and employment opportunities in the Health Tourism Sector.
The Convention will also serve as the occasion to:
- Host the Extraordinary Executive Committee Meeting of the Global Healthcare Travel Council (GHTC)
- Host the “Memorandum of Intent” signing ceremony on collaboration between Greek and Turkish Health Tourism Stakeholders
- Formally announce and present the implementation of the “…health in GREECE” Master Plan - which aims to establish Greece as an attractive and credible Health Tourism Destination
The Program will include presentations by prominent international and Greek speakers representing the 8 Health Tourism Segments, the several Sector-supporting Industries and Government.
The Convention will feature:
- A Forum on Investment
- Presentations of “trailblazing” Health Tourism Development Projects
- Presentation of the “Constellation Lattice” approach to the Promotion of Health Tourism Destinations, Providers and Services
- A Discussion on the Role of Government
Presentations will refer to the provision of services related to each of the 8 the Health Tourism Segments:
- Medical Tourism
- Dental Tourism
- Spa Tourism (including Thermalism and Thalassotherapy)
- Wellness Tourism
- Culinary Tourism
- Sports Tourism
- Accessible Tourism
- Assisted Residential Tourism (Retirement Housing and Care – Abroad)
Furthermore, there will be presentations referring to the provision of services by the Sector supporting Industries, including:
- Indemnity Insurance (for Medical and Dental Services)
- Medical Tourism Facilitation
- Health Tourism Hospitality
- Certification and Accreditation
- Executive Education and Vocational Training